App analytics firm Mobbo, has sifted through the technology stack of 4 million apps, analyzing 1,000 SDK components to calculate the Mobile Advertising Power Index, revealing the key players in the mobile advertising market.
The Index offers a look at the best performing mobile advertising solutions, covering:
“We’re excited to release the latest edition of The Mobbo Power Index,” said Ofir Krisspel, CEO of Mobbo.
“To improve and ultimately perfect an app, developers need to select the right SDKs.
However, in today’s marketplace app developers are literally inundated with SDK choices, making it difficult to choose the best ones.
As the leading SDK intelligence provider, we are in a unique position to offer an in-depth look with valuable information for app marketers in their quest to pinpoint the best SDKs to integrate with, as well as for service providers in the mobile app economy who want to understand the competitive landscape in their field.
The new Index reveals industry changes and new players in the always-evolving app landscape.”
And the report had some key findings:
- Google and Facebook continue to dominate:
- The search giant is making headway in mobile, with 65.84% of Android Share of Voice and 81.99% on iOS, Facebook took the 2nd place on Android with 21.81% SOV and is up to 6th place on iOS with 5.89%.
- Facebook Scales android:
- The social network keeps its position as a top monetization SDK and passes Chartboost to become the second ranked mobile advertising SDK in H1 2017 on Android with 21.81% SOV vs Chartboost’s 18.86%.
- Fyber becomes the fastest growing Monetization SDK:
- With a 392.98% growth from beginning of 2017 Fyber quadruples it’s client base and becomes the fastest growing ad Monetization SDK. Tappx becomes the 2nd fastest growing Monetization SDK: Tappx is at second place nearly tripling their users with 296.57% growth rate.
- Chartboost catching up to AdMob:
- The Game centered in app advertising network has shown impressive advances, Chartboost is catching up to AdMob as more game developers keep testing game centered advertising SDKs.
- Unity Ads becomes the third most popular Monetization SDK among game developers.
- Cheetah Mobile sees highest lift in retention:
- The China based global network sees the best retention rate on Android.
- Startapp becomes the third most popular Monetization SDK among app developers:
- And the fourth most popular Monetization SDK overall.
- Video is here to stay:
- Video networks Adcolony, Unity, Vungle all showed impressive growth and climbed in ranking.
- Mediation platforms are gaining ground:
- Nearly one third of the top monetization SDK’s act also as mediations in addition to providing their own demand.
And its no surprise that Android apps are more aggressive with ads, Over X2.5 Android apps (- non games) contain ads versus iOS apps, 63.21% of the apps on Android Versus 25.4% on iOS.
With IOS apps users are more willing to pay for content and therefore iOS users spend more per app and are more willing to spend in the first place compared to their Android using counterparts.
This is turn results in IOS apps being the more popular choice for developers as although Android based devices outsell iPhones, iPhone developers still make more money from in app purchases, thus they seem to rely less on ads for generating income.
The report also ranked the in-app share of voice advertisers
Admob continues to dominate the market with 65.84% of Android Share of Voice and 81.99% on iOS, Facebook took the 2nd place on Android with 21.81% SOV and is up to 6th place on iOS.
Facebook’s gaining dominance on Android is proably largely inpart to Facebook Audience Network, which is the second most popular Monetization SDK with 35.29% SOV among the top Android apps.
Corporations face a market increasingly constrained from various angles; finding new ways to create revenue is challenging.
Diversifying into ad-tech allows them to profit from their biggest existing asset i.e. specific and unique data about their consumers.
They can build and offer services that are precisely targeted, measurable and flexible for 3 rd party advertisers.
Companies wanting to monetize data assets can tap into new technical resources, offering measurable ROI to clients marketing to mobile consumers. Advertisers monetise their marketing budgets more effectively.
Tech companies benefit from investment and reach fresh huge markets their partner has access to.
Tech buyers bring media buying, digital advertising and marketing automation capabilities in-house, simultaneously solving their own media agency transparency challenges.
Cohesion of financial, development and marketing strategies also improves.
Demand for digital and mobile advertising is increasing exponentially amongst business to customer companies. With over $83billion spent on digital advertising alone in the US.